When you’re ready to sell your home it can be an exciting, albeit overwhelming, time. Here we have seven tips for selling your home.
- Finding an agent can be tough. You want someone who knows the area well. Find someone who you feel comfortable with. Get an agent who will work hard for you. Search around until you find the right person.
Know Your Target Market
- If you have a good idea of who would be interested in buying your home, you can stage it more effectively. If you’re selling in an area where many families with small children live, make sure to stage it so parents can envision their children growing up there. Make it look family friendly. If your home sits more in a retirement community, make it look like such.
Take Out Personal Items
- No one wants to see your family picture on the wall when they come to see your home for sale. This is probably the most important of our tips for selling your home. Get rid of all personal items and clutter! Let people envision their things in the house. You want them to feel at home.
Freshen Up Your Home
- Make sure you’ve given the place a general facelift. Something as simple as a coat of paint can do wonders. Ensure all light bulbs are working. Do little remodels if time and money allow it.
- Now is not the time to let your home be a mess. Pick up clutter. Keep the bathrooms and kitchen spotless. Even make sure the yard looks great. Ask the whole family to pitch in to help. If it’s in the budget, you might even want to consider hiring a professional cleaning service.
Tell People You’re Selling
- Even though you have your home listed with an agent, let your family and friends know you’re selling your home. Word of mouth can be a very powerful tool and one of the most underutilized tips for selling your home. What if that friend of a friend loved your home when they stopped over that one time? They may have gushed about how beautiful it was to your mutual friend, and you could have a potential buyer on your hands!
Be Prepared for Viewings
- There’s nothing more intimidating than showing your house. But if you’ve followed the tips above, you’re going to be fine. Give the house one last walk through cleaning, make sure there’s plenty of natural lighting, and even put on a good candle or bake some cookies beforehand.
Now that you know our tips for selling your home, we hope you will consider Colorado Mountain Real Estate for your Summit County real estate needs. Patty would love to help you sell your property. Contact her today!